With so many shapes, sizes and styles of toothbrushes on the market, deciding which kind to buy can be confusing.
Here’s what you should look for:
- Soft-bristles– most dental professionals agree that a soft-bristled brush is best for removing plaque and debris from your teeth and along the gum line.
- Comfort is key– pick whatever shape and size is most comfortable for you. The best toothbrush is one that fits your mouth and allows you to reach all teeth easily.
- Powered toothbrushes versus regular brushes– powered toothbrushes are fun and may remove more plaque than regular toothbrushes. Regular toothbrushes work fine, but powered toothbrushes make brushing easier.
- Children’s toothpaste– when buying toothpaste for your child, look for one that contains fluoride and has an appealing taste.
- Adult toothpaste– when deciding which toothpaste to buy for yourself, or another adult, look at the benefits. For example, if you are looking to whiten teeth, whitening toothpaste could be a great option, or of you have sensitivity teeth, then toothpaste formulated for sensitive teeth is a good idea.
How Often Should I Replace My Toothbrush?
You should replace your toothbrush when it begins to show wear, or every three months, whichever comes first. It is also very important to change toothbrushes after you’ve had a cold, since the bristles can collect germs that can lead to reinfection.
Right teeth brush can help reduce the risk of dental disease, choose the right teeth brush and if any consideration, you cam always ask professional dental group for help. Check out Pacific dental group for more informations.